Zanzibar's Response to COVID-19
Zanzibar’s Response to COVID-19
Due to the unprecedented global pandemic, and the unique shopping environment that Zanzibar creates for it’s customers, we are implementing several safety measures for our soft opening. Our customer and employee safety is our top priority, and while we want to give you the experience you deserve, our initial offering may not be what you are expecting. Below, we’ve outlined some steps we are taking to protect the Zanzibar community:
- Our new location will open following CDC guidelines for social distancing, and with extremely limited occupancy. Masks will be required by everyone who enters the building, and upon entry, everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the store for your convenience, and all high touch surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- During our soft opening, and for a currently un-defined time period, we will be open only by pre-scheduled, one-hour appointments. Zanzibar has remained committed to serving our community for the last 20 years, and we will continue to serve everyone for as long as our community will support us. Unfortunately, due to the increased cost of our new facility, we will be implementing a minimum purchase requirement for these appointments to ensure that we can meet our financial obligations, while offering the best possible shopping experience to our customers. Initially, we will require customers to purchase a $100 Zanzibar Gift Card in order to book an appointment. This may be used the day of your appointment or for future purchases. Our hope is this temporary measure will allow us to serve as many customers as possible, and
- Merchandise selection may be limited during the soft opening. High-touch merchandise, including testers, samples, and tumbled stones will not be available for purchase.
- We understand that not all of our clients may be ready or able to commit to a minimum purchase, and it has always been our mission to bring the world to everyone. To that end, and to make our merchandise accessible to all of our clients, we will begin to take merchandise requests through Facebook Messenger, and we will continue to expand our online inventory daily.
- We remain committed tao a daily sanitization routine using FDA-approved products.
While our store is ready to accept guests, we do ask your patience as we’ve faced historical challenges and unexpected delays in getting our doors open to you. As such, we are not at the standard that you are accustomed to. Due to transportation limitations and global supply chain issues, the inventory we had hoped would be here for our opening has not all arrived. More shipments continue to arrive daily, and we are working hard to get that merchandise available to you. With the incredible workload we still face, please be understanding that some of our staff may not be available in the capacity you have grown used to, and we apologize for that.
We have carefully and thoughtfully planned our soft opening with plans to have a grand reopening when we can, and look forward to serving you and our community in our normal capacity as soon as possible.
Zanzibar Fair Trade